Friday, September 18, 2009

Why was I created?

Why was I created? Why did God save me? So that I can work for God and someday I will go to heaven? That seems crazy, that is like saying that the reason I am on earth is to have a successful life and live in Texas.

As I mulled this over, I thought about God creating Adam and placing him in the garden. Yes he was placed there to care for God's creation on earth. But it was caring for the place God had provided for him. The place where they dwelt together. God also blessed him with companionship.

As I compare this to my own existence and the purpose for my creation, I am left with one conclusion. I was created to love and to be loved in return. Exclusively with God.
I WAS CREATED TO LOVE GOD AND TO BE LOVED BY GOD IN RETURN.
Nothing else, how amazing is that? The whole reason for my existence was taken away with Adam, leaving me to try to get my need for love met under my own control. But it was returned to me by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, He restored my relationship with God. My whole existence simultaneously is exclusively about God AND me. He saved me so that I would no longer be separated from God and His love and I can love Him and experience His love in return.

So what does this look like here on earth. I see that every minute of my day God is in relationship with me. An intimate, loving relationship. He has blessed me with the companionship of my family and friends to that I can experience His love through them. He also uses my experience with others to speak to ME about OUR love relationship. He is simultaneously carrying on a personal conversation on every side of any event. Every time I submit as a vessel and allow Him to use me as a way for others to experience His love, it is my conversation with Him, my act of worship, the purpose for which I was created, to love God.

1 comment: