Friday, September 18, 2009

The Tree of Knowledge

WHAT IS WRONG WITH KNOWLEDGE? Recently I was asked about my fruit. Specifically if my fruit was born from the Tree of Knowlege of good and evil or the Tree of Life. I responded with what's wrong with knowledge? In an instant I could see how easy it was for satan to deceive Adam and Eve. God is the source of eternal life and blessing. Adam and Eve were to have their life centered in Him, not on deciding what is good and bad. If my fruit is from the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil than am I taking control of the judgement seatfrom God? God has already told us there is good and evil in the world and He will judge. All I have to do is believe and take my hands off of it. I do not want to bear fruit from the tree of Knowledge.

The Tree of Life. In Ezekiel 47:12 it refers to trees whose ‘fruit will be for food and their leaves for healing’. In Proverbs there are references to things as ‘a tree of life’ (wisdom (3:15), the fruit of the righteous (11:30), desire fulfilled (13:12), and a soothing tongue (15:4)) that the Tree of Life in these brings joy and healing to people. That is the tree I want my fruit to come from Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment