Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's not about me, or maybe it is?

Does God communicate to me through all creation? Yes, He does! I was pondering what that really means by looking at my own experiences just in the last 24 hours.

God has definitely been working with me to see my own selfishness in my thoughts and actions as I walk through my everyday life. He woke me early after just four hours sleep today, my first thought was about me. Why so little God? I could see that I was immediately focused inwardly on me. He was gently showing me my selfishness. I ignored Him and tried to recover my slumber state, after several minutes of tossing and turning I willing submitted that maybe God had other plans. Even if I wanted to say it was just my body not cooperating, I would have to remember that God is the mighty creator of my body, it is HIS, and He uses it for His plans and purposes.

I prayed for those close to me and my family, pondering what He may have for them today. But He didn't share that with me. Funny, I am realizing that He only talks to me about ME! Amazing isn't it? Each time I find myself in that situation lately I see that my reaction to someone else's behavior is just God using that person he lovingly created to have a conversation with me. But the funny thing is He is desparately trying to allow me to see an area within me that has a hidden place that I have tried to protect myself, with my own power. The whole interaction is actually designed to allow me the space to see myself in a mirror. Anything I am saying to another person is actually me communicating back to God. I always am thinking God needs a little help noticing other peoples problems and flaws, but He is actually showing me we are all flawed. If anyone was perfect, why would we need God?

No comments:

Post a Comment