Monday, July 27, 2009

Peace

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace the man whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

My joy and peace are no one's responsibility but my own. If I place expectations on any person, including myself, or hold them responsible for my needs, it is wrong. No rudeness, no rejection, no injustice committed by anyone can rob me of my joy and my peace...unless I let it.

My joy and peace come from my love relationship with God and Jesus Christ. I know that He will be faithful to me forever and that He will never leave me. My joy is in knowing that I am loved more than I can comprehend. I choose to return His love by being totally submitted to be used as His vessel. I willingly submit to allow Him to show the same love He gives me to others even if He wants to use me to show His love to someone I really don't care for much. He has already saved me from this world and I am dead to it, so why should I think of myself first or allow it to influence my mind.

I need to remember that life is not about me but about Him. I think instead of focusing on my circumstances or the people around me, I will immerse myself in the promises God made to me. I do not need to notice their mistakes and I should not be affected by their misjudgments of me or my family. In doing this I find that I exchange the happiness I tried to produce by doing good things when I first became a christian for authentic joy and peace that remains unchanged regardless of whats happening . But it is up to me, for only I choose what I believe and whom I will listen to.

1 comment:

  1. Yes ma'am! I agree. We have so much peace in making Godly choices. It is reprograming the mind that is difficult. But only if we try to do the reprograming ourselves! Love you!

    ReplyDelete