Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Is control really an illusion

Wow God is downloading these days. I am not concerned with what He is up to, just trying to submit and allow myself to be led. Take this scripture for example.

I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. Matthew 18:18-19

God has been dealing with me on the issue of control. What issues have I attached control to here on earth? My family members, my friends, my provision, what I eat? I have been thinking about the difference between caring and control or teaching and control. This scripture speaks to me today in a totally different way than it has before. Am I binding these things on earth? Essentially I am taking control of (binding) these under my own power rather than allowing God control. This, I realize is not going to turn out well for me or anyone involved.

Are there people and circumstances in my life that I am trying to influence or control? Now I know there are many who would not like the word "control" and many who know me would not consider me a controlling person. But the answer to the question unfortunately is Yes.

Am I allowing myself to totally be used as a vessel to communicate God's love? The answer is complicated by my selfish bent. I believe I am doing and saying things in order for there to be the best outcome for all concerned. I realize now that unless God is speaking through me as a submitted vessel, with no input or words from myself, then my actions are selfish in some way. My actions reveal that I may believe that I know better than the other person what is best for them. So I am encouraging them to look to me rather than to God for their knowledge and provision. In essence I am telling God "I got this one, I will help you out here." I realize now that my God is a big, bad God that can handle it all on His own and all I have to do is submit to a 24/7 relationship with Him and allow Him to speak through me as He sees fit. Wow scary look in the mirror wouldn't you say? I am trying to process the information God is reavealing to me so I can assimilate it into my life.

Lord I realize that the Son of God was manifested to destroy the works of the devil to the very depths of hell. And in this moment, I choose to let go and loose the bonds of control I have placed on the people and circumstances in my life here on earth. I totally submit to you as a vessel and release control of any person or thing that I might have tried to help you out with. I know that you are sovreign and trust you to speak to them any time or place regarding their choices and behavior. I confess that is not my "job" here on earth and by doing that I basically thought I was smarter than you. I loose the manifestations of Jesus, the Son of God, in these areas tearing to pieces every design of the devil in the kingdom of darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment