Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Who Am I?

I have struggled with the phrase "Fear God". Every time I encounter God, I see nothing to fear. He is endlessly merciful, compassionate and kind. Psalm 139:13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. He has been with us every second since before creation. Ephesians 1:4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love. He lovingly created me in His infinite wisdom to perfection that only He understands. John 17:24 "Father, I want those you have given me, to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. Things I see as imperfect, He has a use and purpose for His glory. Who Am I to sit on the throne of Jesus Christ and judge myself and others? Who Am I to cast Jesus aside and hold offense at anothers actions that were wrought from a deceived heart? Who Am I to hold others to any expectations? I should be in fear for my life for I have walked in all of these. But no, He forgives me. Another word for fear is awe. I understand and am in awe of a God who could still love me as I selfishly tried to sit on a throne that I gave no sacrifice for. I understand "Fear God" now.

No comments:

Post a Comment