Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hey there humanity!

Hey there this is my first blog, thanks for joining me. I will use this format to ramble on about my attempt at Theocaching. A term I came up with from my avid commitment to Theophostic prayer and my daughter's momentary fascination with geocaching. Theo is the greek root meaning God, and a cache means a hiding place used especially for storing provisions. A place for concealment and safekeeping, as of valuables. Theophostice prayer is an isolated time of prayer and an ongoing conversation with God to find the lies that are buried in our experiences. Geocaching is using latitude and longitude coordinates and a GPS to find things that others have hidden. For me Theocaching is finding the hiding places in my life that God is prompting me to look at and listening to what He has to say about those areas. It is my ongoing relationship with Him and I will try to share the conversations here.

1 comment:

  1. I love your new word!!! Finding God in the hidden places of our hearts that we open up to Him. BTW, We missed you in our sessions today.

    ReplyDelete